What is sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea can be a potentially serious sleep disorder that causes you to stop and start breathing repeatedly during sleep. There are three common forms of sleep apnea1:
Obstructive sleep apnea
Occurs when the upper airway becomes blocked during sleep, which reduces or completely stops airflow.
Central sleep apnea
Occurs when your brain isn’t communicating with the muscles that control your breathing.
Complex sleep apnea syndrome
A combination of obstructive sleep apnea and central sleep apnea. Also referred to as treatment-emergent central sleep apnea.
1. Source: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sleep-apnea/symptoms-causes/syc-20377631
Don’t sleep on these symptoms.
Not sure if you or someone you know has sleep apnea? Knowing the signs is the first step. Over the next few nights, see if you can check off any of the following symptoms2:
- Fatigue, even after a full night’s sleep
- Loud snoring
- Repeated stops in breathing during sleep
- Sudden wakefulness accompanied by choking or gasping
- Waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Morning headaches
- Difficulty concentrating
- Frequent nighttime urination
- Memory loss
- Nighttime sweating
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
2. Source: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sleep-apnea/symptoms-causes/syc-20377631
Do these symptoms feel familiar?
If you checked off one or more symptoms listed above, talk to your doctor or healthcare professional, then visit a Wellwise™ location to speak with our Wellwise™ Sleep Consultants. Here are some of the ways we can help you get a better night’s sleep:
- Product recommendations based on your prescription
- Helping you feel comfortable wearing and using your new equipment
- Teaching you about cleaning, maintaining and replacing your equipment
- Communicating with your doctor to share results and progress
- Flexible appointments with availability during evenings and weekends
Appointments can vary in duration depending on the nature of the consultation. While we do try our best to accommodate walk-in appointments, it is recommended to schedule your appointment ahead of time.
Sleep apnea solutions.
We carry technologically up-to-date CPAP, APAP and BiPAP products.
Helping you get a better night’s rest with popular CPAP brands on the market.
We offer a range of CPAP mask styles that put comfort and fit first.
Find replacement tubes for your CPAP device.
CPAP Accessories & Sanitization
Find useful CPAP accessories and sanitation products for your CPAP device.
CPAP care & maintenance tips*.
Some light maintenance is required to keep your CPAP equipment in good working order. We’d recommend following this schedule for best results:
Empty excess water from the humidification chamber and rinse it with water
Wipe the cushion of the mask with a CPAP wipe or a damp cloth
Wash your entire mask, tube and humidification chamber with mild soap and warm water. Rinse well and let air dry
Rinse your filter (for cleanable filters only)
Look at your filter and assess if it needs to be replaced or cleaned
Replace your mask and tube
Book an appointment with your Wellwise™ CPAP Consultant for a complimentary machine assessment
Replace the humidification chamber
*This site offers information designed for educational purposes only. You should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care. If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other healthcare professional
Perks of shopping with Wellwise.
Our friendly and welcoming staff can help guide you to products and specialized services that can help you meet your daily needs.
Our stores offer specialized services, like sleep apnea consultations, custom brace fittings, equipment rentals and repairs.Learn more
We help you take charge of the way you age with 40+ easy-to-navigate stores in Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia. You can also shop our wide selection of health and wellness products online 24/7 at wellwise.caFind a location
Online & in-store shipping
We offer free shipping to almost anywhere in Canada on online orders over $25*. Shopping for a large item in-store? In-store product can be delivered right to your door or to a Canada Post outlet, including those located inside Shoppers Drug Mart stores. For full details, we encourage you to speak with one of our staff in-store.Browse our products
PC Optimum pointsTM
Earn PC OptimumTM points in-store, online, during points events and through personalized in-app offers. Spend your points at any one of our 40+ Wellwise locations across the country.Learn more
FAQ from Customers like you.
After you’ve received a prescription from your doctor, call your nearest Wellwise to make an appointment with a sleep consultant.
CPAP stands for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure. A CPAP machine sends air through a tube at a steady pressure. The tube leads to a mask secured on a person’s face. This airflow keeps the airway open, so individuals can sleep without having their breathing interrupted.
Yes, you should use CPAP therapy every night. Remove water from the humidifier chamber before travel, and consider your power source if you are visiting a different country. Always check with your airline about their specific requirements.
Talk to the doctor who prescribed your CPAP therapy and ask them for assistance.
The PC OptimumTM program tailors your rewards to match the products that you buy most.
Shop. Earn points. Repeat.
Earn and spend your PC OptimumTM points at 40+ WellwiseTM locations across Ontario, Albert, British Columbia and online at wellwise.ca.
Earn 15 points on almost every dollar you spend in-store or online with wellwise.ca.2
Earn points in-store, online, during points events and through personalized offers with your online account.
Earn points even faster with PC Financial®. Learn how at pcfinancial.ca.
Every 10,000 points is like $10 worth of free stuff.1
Redeem points at WellwiseTM in-store locations during special “spend your points events” to get even more value.3
Mastercard is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated, used under license. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
PC OptimumTM and PC FinancialTM are trademarks of Loblaws Inc. Used under license. Wellwise TM and Shoppers Drug Mart® are trademarks of 911979 Alberta Ltd. Used under license.
1. To “redeem” means to use your PC Optimum TM points to pay, or partially pay, for eligible purchases by using your Card at the point of sale in Participating Stores or with Program Participants that offer redemption, following the instructions provided by the cashier, the point-of-sale terminal or other payment processing device. You can redeem the PC Optimum TM points you earn for eligible purchases, or for any other purposes of which we may advise you from time to time.
You must redeem a minimum of 10,000 PC Optimum TM points at a time, which are worth $10 in rewards. If you want to redeem more than 10,000 PC Optimum TM points at one time, you must redeem them in increments of 10,000 PC Optimum TM points, each increment being worth $10 in rewards. The maximum value of PC Optimum TM points that you can redeem in one transaction is $500.00, or such higher amount as may be set by us from time to time.
2. PC Optimum TM points will be awarded at the rate of 15 PC Optimum TM points for each full dollar spent on each separate purchase of eligible products at participating Wellwise TM by Shoppers Drug Mart locations and www.wellwise.ca website. PC Optimum TM points will be calculated with reference to the purchase price of eligible products, less applicable discounts and taxes as shown on each purchase receipt.
You are required to present your Card prior to payment in order to receive PC Optimum TM points. PC Optimum TM points will not be granted on previously-completed purchases where a valid Card was not presented prior to payment.
3. Redeeming your points at wellwise.ca is currently not available.